Thursday, August 20, 2015

Carrie Underwood Announces Fifth LP ‘Storyteller’ & Debuts Lead Single ‘Smoke Break’!

I’m no hardcore country music stan, but I do enjoy the country music stylings of Legend Carrie Underwood.

From “Jesus Take The Wheel” to “Before He Cheats” to “So Small” to “Cowboy Casanova” to “Blown Away” to last year’s “Something In The Water,” the American Idol diva’s consistently served us massive country-pop records for years. SHE CAN NOT BE TOUCHED!

This week, Carrie is dropping off a brand new single from her just-announced fifth studio album Storyteller – due out October 23rd – and it’s called “Smoke Break.” And it’s really, really great! And also a little unexpected (but in a good way, duh).

The song centers around needing a break from life’s grind, something Carrie‘s no doubt experiencing in new ways since having her baby son Isaiah in February. The first verse is dedicated to moms, the second a hard-working son, and by the end, it’s an empowering anthem for all! “I don’t drink/ But sometimes I need a stiff drink/ Sipping from a high, full glass/ Let the world fade away,” Carrie sings on the foot stompin’ chorus. “Yeah, and I don’t smoke / But sometimes I need a long drag/ Yeah, I know it might sound bad/ But sometimes I need a, sometimes I need smoke break, yeah.”

Relatable. Memorable. Overall strong song. WIN! WIN! WIN!

Carrie Underwood’s new single “Smoke Break” will be available everywhere at midnight!


from Jon ALi’s Blog » Jon ALi’s Blog | Jon ALi’s Blog http://jonalisblog.com/2015/08/20/carrie-underwood-announces-fifth-lp-storyteller-debuts-lead-single-smoke-break/

No comments:

Post a Comment