Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Mathieu Blue Offers Up Empowering Message On New Single: ‘Alien’

Feeling like a weirdo? Haters bringing you down? No worries! Mathieu Blue is here to save the day with the premiere of “Alien,” the second official single off his upcoming EP Here (out September 14th).

The twangy self-empowerment ballad, which is making its debut here on JonALi’sBlog, finds the New Hampshire-bred singer-songwriter offering up some uplifting inspiration on top of gentle, guitar strums and a strolling drum beat.

As with Kesha‘s “We R Who We R,” P!nk‘s “Raise Your Glass,” Selena Gomez‘s “Who Says?,” Kelly Clarkson‘s “People Like Us” and every other positive pop anthem of the past that celebrates diversity, chasing dreams and embracing inner beauty, “Alien” is Mathieu‘s way of throwing in his own support for the cause: “You tried everything to break me apart/ But you can’t crack an alien at heart/ You said I would never get this far/ but you can’t stop an alien at heart,” he declares throughout the song.

“I wrote ‘Alien‘ from the place of little Mathieu…the misunderstood, made-fun-of, kid. From my earlier memory, I knew I was very different from many. Those differences antagonized the world around me and things were really hard for a very long time,” Mathieu told Jon ALi. “But the same differences I couldn’t stand about myself when I was younger — the ones I would literally cry myself to sleep over — have proven to only champion me later on in life. I want this song to be my message to kids (from 1 to 99) that it’s not just OK to be different, it’s the WAY to be. It’s normal to feel like you’re from outer space. Own your identity and use all you’ve got to reach far into the sky toward your dreams that it feels like you’re reaching for home. It’s a very personal ballad to me and I hope the message reaches and resonates with as many people as possible.”

“Alien” is available now on iTunes, Spotify, Google Play, and Amazon!


from Jon ALi’s Blog » Jon ALi’s Blog | Jon ALi’s Blog http://jonalisblog.com/2015/08/19/mathieu-blue-offers-up-empowering-message-on-new-single-alien/

No comments:

Post a Comment